Downsizing or moving home is one solution if your home does not suit your needs or the needs of your family as you get older. An alternative solution is to modernize or adapt your home so it suits your needs and enables you to stay in your home in the neighbourhood and community you have chosen to live. Changes like a ramp to your front door, downstairs toilet facilities or replacing the bath with a shower can make a huge difference to how someone can continue to live well and independently in their own home.
If this sounds like your situation, or that of a parent or family member or friend, you might be want to know more about Fold's Staying Put Solutions service.
Throughout this time we have acquired an extensive knowledge and understanding of the wishes and needs of our many Clients. Our new Staying Put Solutions scheme will provide you with a flexible package designed to meet your requirements in adapting or modernizing your home. We will provide you with comprehensive support, helping you design and complete your work in accordance with your wishes. All work will be carried out by a contractor who will provide you with a warranty based guarantee. Fold's Staying Put team has over 30 years experience in assisting people with adaptations and improvements to their homes through the NIHE Private Sector Grant scheme, successfully completing over 14,000 jobs of all type and size during this period.
Our service includes the following benefits as applicable:
• Preparation and agreement with you of a specification, itemising the required works to complete your project
• Preparation of minor sketch plans*
• Obtain Building Control Notice/Approval or any other Statutory approval on all works which require it
• Contact selected contractors and obtain quotations for your project
• Help you agree all costs by discussing quotations with you
• Arrange for completion of contracts with your chosen contractor
• Carry out site inspections to monitor your work when in progress
• Inspect work and instruct your contractor on completion
• Ensure satisfactory completion of your project
• Provide you with a “hand-over pack” including operating instructions, guarantees and certificates as applicable.
• Provide you with guidance and support and keep you updated during your project
• Confirm our one-off fee for managing your project before you decide whether to engage our service.
If you would like to learn more about how Staying Put Solutions can help you or a family member or friend, contact our experienced staff for a no obligation chat:
Tel: 028 9039 7181 or email: email@example.com
Tel: 028 9039 7183 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*For larger schemes requiring an extension we may need to help you engage an approved architect.