FOLD provides an extensive range of quality affordable rented accommodation for families, couples and single adults of all ages across Northern Ireland. This includes apartments, bungalows and houses.
FOLD currently has Family and Singles Accommodation in all major towns and cities across Northern Ireland including Belfast, Londonderry, Newry and Lisburn. New Family and Singles Accommodation are continuing to be developed by FOLD on an ongoing basis. New developments can be viewed here
If you are interested in applying for Family or Singles Accommodation with FOLD, please click here.
As a tenant of FOLD in Family or Singles Accommodation, you will have a Housing Officer who will be able to advise you on any tenancy issues, and an Estates Officer who will advise on property maintenance issues.
We currently have a number of active Residents Associations in our estates. The Housing Officer will be able to advise tenants on availability and enquires relating to Residents Associations.
To view any immediate vacancies available within Family or Singles Accommodation please visit our section: Find a Property
What is Tenancy Fraud?
Every year in Northern Ireland, people on the waiting
list are being denied a home because someone is being
dishonest about their housing needs.
Fold is committed to preventing, detecting and tackling
tenancy fraud where it exists within our developments to
ensure our homes are legally occupied by people entitled
to live in them.
There are different types of tenancy fraud.
Below are the most common:
• Not telling the truth when applying for a home.
• When a tenant rents their home to another person
without our knowledge or permission (sub letting).
• When a tenant leaves their home empty without
What happens when someone commits
• They are likely to lose their tenancy if caught and may
not be entitled to apply for social housing in the future.
• Depending on how serious the fraud is, they could be
fined and/or sent to prison.
• They are preventing someone who may be in greater
need of housing from getting offered a home
What Fold is doing...
Below is a list of checks Fold can do to tackle tenancy
• Checking photographic ID of tenants before signing
the tenancy agreement or visiting tenants at home
who are unknown to us.
• Completing early tenancy counselling visits 6 weeks
into their tenancy. ID is checked again at this visit.
• Carrying out unannounced tenancy visits.
• Housing Officers investigate any tenants who have
not allowed access for essential servicing e.g. gas
• Fold investigates all reports of tenancy fraud.
• In many cases reports of tenancy fraud are found to
• Legal action can result in Fold regaining possession of
What you can do...
Please contact us as soon as possible if you believe there
is tenancy fraud taking place in your area. You can contact
Call us on: 028 9042 8314
Write to us at: Tenancy Fraud, Fold Housing
Association, FREEPOST BEL4018, Holywood,
Co Down, BT18 9BR